[at-l] Year End Survey time.....

FTCracker at aol.com FTCracker at aol.com
Tue Jan 2 19:35:53 CST 2007

2006 was a great hiking year, considering I'm juggling a full-time job and
books to write. I did all of the short trails in the Everglades and Apalachicola
NF, all but a couple of miles of the new FT Western Connector, and knocked
off a bunch of trails out in the far western Panhandle to enjoy mountain laurel
(yep, we've got 'em) and pitcher plants in bloom. Visited Cheaha State Park in
Alabama for the first time and day hiked on the Pinhoti. Spent a week on Isle
Royale, which included a solo backpacking trip - reminding me why I prefer to
share the camping experience - and a week in Patagonia. What more can I ask
for, except more time off to hike?

2006 lowlights were health-related, brought on between my two big trips.
Thought I had a heart attack, turned out to be my gallbladder. Out it came, and I
feel like a new person!

2007 plans include more FT sections, more new FL trails, a summer week in NC
with the opportunity to return to the AT around Standing Indian, and a week in
the Lake Country of England this fall. If I can pull the time for the Coast
to Coast I will.  Looking forward to it!

Year beginning cheers to all...
Navigator
www.floridahikes.com