[at-l] Soviet Propaganda Flight 800 (WAY OT)

Point North pointnorther_light at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 23:22:15 CST 2007

There's plenty of evidence.  Several witnesses who saw a flare and then heard a boom (explosion); the fact that the debris was scattered over a much larger area than if it had crashed into the ground; and the unmarked plane that witnesses saw make a wide circle around the area 1 minute or so after the missle hit, then take off.

Also, the inherently rational explanation behind the decision to shoot it down.  The hijacked plane was flying off course and it was apparent that it was a terrorist plane.  The decision in Washington was either to (i) let the plane reach it's target, perhaps the White House, and do very great damage in a large city, or (ii) shoot it down over rural Pennsylvania and minimize the loss of human life.  It all adds up.

Jim Lynch <jplynch at crosslink.net> wrote: And your evidence that it was shot down is... ?

(Note: I use an agressive spam catcher)