[at-l] if...

Art Cloutman art at crystalacresnh.com
Mon Jan 8 06:31:44 CST 2007

Thursday temperatures reached 50 degrees in all of New Hampshire.
Friday it rained in the morning with the possibility of rain all day
and temps again in the 50's.  Saturday, temps were in the 60's, 70's
in Concord.  It reached 40 degrees on Mount Washington.  All of the
natural snow is gone.  Mt Washington does not look so impressive with
the snow gone.  Crystal Lake was covered in ice on Wednesday, it is
all gone today.  I am suppose to be teaching skiing today but it is
raining again.  If it were 20 degrees colder we would have 30 inches
or more snow on the ground.  Ski areas are in real trouble.  Some
have already closed for the season.  Some farmers are tapping trees
for maple syrup 6 weeks before normal.  Inventories of long johns,
snow suits, down jackets, road salt, snow shovels are not being
touched.  But many hiking trails are now accessible.  Global warming ?

--

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman