[at-l] if...

RoksnRoots at aol.com RoksnRoots at aol.com
Tue Jan 9 14:55:51 CST 2007

In a message dated 1/8/2007 10:39:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tamarakrebs20 at hotmail.com writes:
*
*
*
With "winter" being so warm, the oceans may warm up and
then we'll be in for another record breaking year of hurricanes.

       ***    Perhaps, but last year showed that other factors are involved
besides Sea Surface Temperatures. Last year's lack of storms could also be due
to global warming. The strong westerlies in the upper atmosphere as well as
disruptive subsidence-containing airmasses dipping into the hurricane belt could
have been caused by pattern changes caused by an energized atmosphere. This
amplitude effect sees more extremes due to their being more energy in the
atmosphere from global warming. It takes energy to shift airmasses and patterns
around like that. Similar to it taking energy to shift the pattern into the
record warm of late.

       We finally got a cold front down here. It should be 45* tomorrow
morning.

*