[at-l] if...

Bror8588 at aol.com Bror8588 at aol.com
Tue Jan 9 17:52:21 CST 2007

In a message dated 1/9/2007 6:40:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pointnorther_light at yahoo.com writes:

I don't  see how you people can stand to live there.  And with global
warming,  you'll have Havana's climate pretty soon.

The Southern States do tend to get warm during the Spring, Summer (Hot) and
Fall and even into early Winter buy cold weather does arruve -- especially in
northern Florida and those who are up in Georgia have experienced some real
winter in December-March.  Heck I thought it was very cold in April in
Georgia.

The weather goes through cycles.  One year it is very cold and another  it is
warmer than expected.  Just because it is very warm does not indicate  Global
Warming for on some part of the globe there is very cold weather being
experienced by someone.

The measurement of climate is an incremental thing that tends to show  trends
over decades of measuring.  Each January we experience a January  Thaw (usual
but not necessarily consistent or able to be predicted),  We  had our days in
the Mid Atlantic States when the  temperature fell into the  20s and then it
went up into the 50s and even hit 73 on Sunday but now it is  back in the 40s.
 By February and March we will have had Snow and very low  temperatures
before recovering in late Spring when temperatures will climb once  more.

Florida will also have its winter though not as deep as northern  states.
Life is experienced in cycles.

The oceans are not going to rise and flood the coast this year and most
likely that will not happen next year either.  The earth system (ecosystem)
adjusts over time and takes care of itself.

Skylander