[at-l] Gear List - for March **BFT** OT

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 19:34:20 CST 2007

Hey Russ, the BFT is beautiful, my favorite trail in Pa so far!

My guidebook is not falling readily to hand, but if you start where the
guidebook does and follow in the same direction you will hit a major water
crossing less than a half mile from the road, and it is a wading crossing...
I don't remember anything else that wasn't bridged or couldn't be crossed by
rock hopping, but I did it in summer and you may be facing higher water...
At least by the way winter is looking so far you won't be facing ice <g>.
And the Crocs method is probably the only idea that is going to work on that
first crossing. It won't be more than shin deep, but I think I can assure
you it will be cold!

skeeter