[at-l] SoRuck2007-Best Ruck Ever and the Mystery of the disappearing Beef-Veggie Soup

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 15 21:48:15 CST 2007

Dawg wrote:
>Tin Man couldn't stand it. COULDN'T STAND IT. He made an excuse that he
>forgot something to COME IN OUR PARTY. Bad. SO BAD.  I cannot tell you how
>many men at the SORUCK asked me what went on in that room. Hehehe. We will
>NEVER tell.
>
>Whoever is in D6 at the RUCK is required at all rucks to give it up for two
>horus on Saturday afternoon. Sorry...Ruck rules.

for Dawg -
Dunno about Tinman, but there was never a question in my mind about what was
happening in that room.  I knew it was - wine and cheese, gossip, knitting
nooses, a few tears, and lots of laughter.

Since I don't do wine or tears, don't knit, and can't think of anything to
gossip about - the only thing  I really missed was the cheese.  I can live
without that.  <VBG>

Anyway -- Thank you for all you did for the Ruck.  The food was just superb
and my stomach thanks you.

I don't know who all was involved because I diligently stayed out of the way
(which is one reason everything went so well), but my thanks go to the
entire kitchen crew - with Dawg right at the top of the list.

I do know how much time and sweat Sly put into the weekend, though - so, Sly
- from my point of view it was all worth it.  Of course, it WAS "your" time
and sweat - all I have to do is to say THANK YOU.  And - you done good.

Hmmm - for Shelly who said:
>I haven't even had the opportunity to do my AT thru, and here they have me
>lusting after the CDT.
>:))  In time... in time......

- tuck the CDT in the back of your mind for the future.  You'll enjoy the
CDT much more if you've done the AT (and preferably the PCT) first.  Each
trail has it's own lessons and its own beauty.  And each one builds on the
experiences of the previous trail.

And finally - for the Pity-party non-SoRuckers - a suggestion -
Long ago and far away, both the SoRuck and the Rockies Ruck resulted from
the realization by the Cyber-Pity-party non-Mother-Ruckers that the solution
to their problem was to have their own Ruck - wherever they were at.  That's
what the Rucks are about.  The suggestion? --- do your own Ruck wherever you
are.  Spread the word - spread the system - spread the joy.

Bottom line - we had a GREAT weekend. Thank you to all involved.

Walk softly,
Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/