[at-l] Gear List - for March **BFT** OT

Ken Bennett bennettk at wfu.edu
Tue Jan 16 15:23:27 CST 2007

On 1/16/07, Jim Lynch <jplynch at crosslink.net> wrote:

> 8 and 12 oz for a pair of camp shoes seems a bit much for light-weight
> backpacking.  I generally use nothing or shower shoes (4.1 oz per pair).
> What's everyone else use?

My Waldies are one of the few luxuries in an otherwise pretty light pack. 11
ounces for total foot comfort at the end of the day is worthwhile to me (as
is 24 ounces for a Thermarest Prolite 4). I realize other people will make
different choices. (I'm hardly ultralight, though -- my base weight for an
upcoming March hike near Erwin is <16 pounds.)

--Ken B
Big Cranky