[at-l] Post surgery

TrailR at aol.com TrailR at aol.com
Sun Jan 21 16:30:48 CST 2007

Ouch! I love surgery, especially 3 in 12 months. Maybe I'm finally done
with surgeries for 10 15 years.

My knee felt Soooooooo good for the first 24 hours, I was amazed how painless
this surgery was.

Then came hour 25... OH MY GOD!!!!

I guess that's when the hospitals pain killer wore off....
I couldn't breathe without pain! Started poppin' the Percocet like pez.....
Ahhhhh.... Much better.... 4 pills later, all was good with the World.
Pain was partly gone, no more pills needed  (just Advil)

I love the toys they gave me at the hospital.
A new TENZ unit to stimulate the knee.
A cool water circulating unit. It's a cooler with a pump in it.
You fill the cooler with ice, then water, put the lid on,
then plug it in.Ice water is pumped out of the cooler through a rubber hose,
to a water brace wrapped around my knee, and then the water returns back to
the cooler again. Supposed to to this 4-5 hours a day for the first few days,
then as needed for a couple weeks.

Life is Good,

HotDog