[at-l] hanging around again

Susan Buchanan buchanan.suz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:46:24 CST 2007

Well, figure I might as well come out of lurk mode and admit I'm hanging
around again.

I'm too far to make it to the Ruck, but still have fond memories of time
spent there.

Still loving living up near Pinkham Notch.  But not enough snow this year
(or last).

Also, haven't had enough trail time this past year (lots of day hikes, but
nothing overnight!), but I'm beginning to make some plans for doing the LT
(2008) as part of my sabbatical.  Husband and I  reached the point a year
ago where he was willing to admit that he doesn't enjoy hiking and
backpacking like I do, but it has taken us another year for him to realize
that it's not that I just enjoy it, but that I really NEED it!  He's not
loving the idea of me being on the trail alone, but he's realized that it's
either that or he has to go along too.  So . .   I should be able to get
more trail time in now.  Yippee.  But hubby is still one of the best things
that has happened to me overall.  Don't think I'm complaining about him.

suz