[at-l] Starting Thru-hike March 26

Slim aka Nancy bogey1 at 650dialup.com
Sun Jan 28 12:12:59 CST 2007

ISP service was down Friday, Jan 26: Opening Day of the PA RUCK
After work I thought I'd walk the rail trail and get rid of all the baggage I'd aquired today such as irate customers and lack of time to do all that is required in this hair-pulling customer relations service job.
I got home at 4:30 pm and Bogey is till asleep from his night job. I hoped we could walktogether but thought I'd let him sleep. Here at the Train station it is very quiet. I hear the faint noise of far away traffic and farther the honking of a gaggle of domestic geese making their way to the water for the night. Funny, how geese feel safe on the water and I feel safe on the trail. Home Sweet Trail Home is just 58 days away.
Slim aka Nancy

We attended the RUCK on Saturday and made the announcement of our intentioned take-off on March 26 at Amicalola Falls SP. It was wonderful to recapture memories with GreyOwl. For me seeing good friends from the Trail is what the RUCK is all about.  The food weren't bad either. Slide show was superific. Thanks Jim and Ginny. You are the greatest! Laurie Potteiger gave a slide show on Trail Volunteerism. So necessary. If we love the AT and other trails we must have folks who are willing give time and muscle to maintain and protect them.  To the best of my recollection, more dreamers and schemers who made the announcement as 2007 hikers are as follows:  Early Bird from Carlisle, PA; B.J. from Easton, PA; a young college student from PA who I forgot his name and another middle-aged man who I also forgot his name; and the two men who were tuckerized and maybe more. If you were there, please help me with names guys. I'm having a senior moment here.
Woodensticks of 06, a neighbor and friend and our shuttle provider was there along with the marvelous, magical, memorable Felix, the naughty Kat. Others whom we met and talked with: Ron Gaudreau who was the main man of the Solemates of 98, he entertained us with photos of his hike;  Mara, Tricks, Jester, Marsha, Wyatt MC Guire (mouth of the south 06), Steve Landis from Carlisle. I looked for but did not find Mountain Roamer. Missed her.  TheTuckerizing was a hit with all the folks. Two 07 hikers opened their packs for tuckerization crtitique-ing and we all learned a lot.

Now  just to fill you in..Bogey and I are going on a 'Thru' starting March 26 and have entered our preparation postings along with a few photos on the following webpage.

Check it out. We welcome your comments and moral support  www.trailjournals.com/bogeyandslim

Bogey and Slim's favorite quote: as we sit on a log under a big oak tree and stare at the rocks his arm around me and my hand on his leg.   "IT DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THIS"  Now, now! guys what are you thinking? hum-m-m? Wild sex on the Trail? Never!
Love to all,
Slim aka Nancy and Bogey aka Joe