[at-l] Flying with Esbit tabs?

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 1 19:34:02 CDT 2007

Argh!  My paperback books are more flamable and much more easy to light than
my Esbit tablets.  But I prefer to read them than use them for stove fuel.
;-}  Besides, I wouldn't want to point out that fact to the TSA and have
them ban all forms of paper from airplanes.  Sigh.

FWIW, I've flown with Esbit tablets in my checked baggage without problems
on multiple occasions, at least some of which were accidental.  Can't say
you wouldn't have problems just thought I would give a data point.  I've
also never had problems flying with soda can stoves.

Just another $.02,

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor