[at-l] NYTimes on Erwin, TN Uranium Spill

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Sat Jul 7 06:34:32 CDT 2007

I attended a lecture by Dr Mandelbrot for several hundred high school
students in New Haven CT back in the late 1980's.  I was the teacher
of part of that group of wonderful kids who seemed to understand
every word of the good doctor's description of his discovery of "The
Mandelbrot Set" and its connection to Chaos Theory.  His theories
have displayed order to things we believed to be totally random.  It
was very interesting.  I have never been in  a position to use the
information I learned at that lecture other than opportunities like
this where I can say I attended the presentation. Thought you might
like to know.

>I had to look up Mandlebrotian. There are only 64 instances of it on Google.
>
>Or maybe, now, 65.
>
>Clyde, are ya cheered up yet?
>
>Waterfall
>
>On 7/6/07, David Addleton <dfaddleton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  We live in a universe in which nobody really cares . . .
>>  We live in a universe in which anybody who is somebody is just another
>>  collection of atoms, a Mandlelbrotian collection of particles or points . .

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman