[at-l] Thru-Hike DVDs

Amy Skowronek amy at forinash.net
Tue Jul 17 10:17:24 CDT 2007

On Jul 17, 2007, at 10:20 AM, pudscrawler at aol.com wrote:

> What disturbed me though is not a criticism of Dave's DVD.? It is
> something I realized that evening after coming home.? It featured
> only one woman, Phoenix, primarily because she decided to leave the
> trail because she was not enjoying it any more.? After leaving it
> in the Hiawassee area, she reappeared as a trail angel, and a very
> good one.? She slacked these guys for lots of days as they moved
> north.? She was definitely appreciated.

On a related note:

I tried rilly rilly hard to convince her not to leave.. Guess it's a
good thing (for some people) I failed.  She left via the Chunky Gal
trail.  :)

I can see why somebody would focus on her.  She's very personable.
The fact that she was a trail angel probably made her a lot easier to
track than a thru hiker.

-amy