[at-l] Thru-Hike DVDs

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 09:59:14 CDT 2007

Jim wrote:

>>Southbounders features a woman hiker. Unfortunately it is fictional and is
>>more a love story than an AT film
To be honest, it is also rather..er, not so good. :)

Great music, good cinematography, has Mr. Shaw before he passed on...but, well,the storyline is rather melodramatic.

I hate to criticize something that is obviously a labor of love, but it was rather Lifetime Channel-esque in many ways. (Will she profess her love for him? Will she go back to
the trail? Will the dark, mysterious poetic guy fall in love with our heroine?)

If there is such a thing for this movie, worth a rental..I would not buy it.

I remember the Trailside video with Maine Rose. I watched this two part episode before I  went off on my jaunt. Was rather inspiring.
Too bad it is not on DVD.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com