[at-l] Fwd: Gran-ma Soule

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:50:55 CDT 2007

Some sad news from an ALDHA member...

I met Gran-ma Soule on both the Long Trail and the AT, she's always been a
great inspiration to me.
Please pass this along to Whiteblaze...

skeeter

Verna has taken a turn for the worse and her doctors say there is nothing
more they can do for her and stopped all treatment for her and contacted
hospice for future care. Hospice has been in for about four weeks now and
have been monitoring her care, also furnishing equipment she might need
(bed,walker and any medicines we can't provide her.)

She isn't confined to the bed, but sitting up in a chair tires her so she
spends most times lying down, getting up only to go to the bathroom and
changing her clothes and bed linen.

If you would, I would appreciate it if you would spread the word to hikers
in your area who would know or have heard of granma soule thanks.
Ken

.