[at-l] AT & CDT in one year

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Sun Jun 3 18:48:17 CDT 2007

Jim Bullard wrote:

> I didn't mean that there was anything "wrong" about it.

I know you didn't. Though, I thought that was sort of what got this
thread started...somebody said
something about speed and hiking too fast, or some such. There are just
soooo many variables that
people, often judgers, fail to consider. For instance, some folx think
that 15 miles a day is 'too fast'.
The fact is, if someone LIKES to hike ALL day, they can average one mile
an hour for 15 hours and still have 9 hours of shelter/tent time. One
mile an hour isn't all that fast, is it?

> How can there
> be a wrong way to do what you want to do. You do it how you want.

Well...there was that time I wanted to trim those maple limbs off that
roof and I found out the wrong way to do it was by holding on to those
power lines. But, that's another story.

> You know I like the way you write Felix and I'm still eagerly waiting
> for your book if you ever decide to write it.

Oh, I've decided to write it. I just haven't done it yet. I've learned that
'deciding' and 'doing' are drastically different things.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98