[at-l] Superfeet Inserts

Ozzie hikingvagabond at cox.net
Wed Jun 6 15:59:37 CDT 2007

During the last few years I have noticed a different wear pattern on my left shoe, more wear on the outside of the forefoot sole which is not evident on the right shoe. I usually hike/walk five or more miles three or more times a week on relatively level ground. I have heard of hikers really raving about the benefits of Superfeet so purchased a couple pair of the blue insoles and inserted them into my Merrell Ventilator II shoes. There was a noticeable difference but I also began to get some aching especially in my left leg which happened to be the one with the bad shoe wear pattern. I did a search on Superfeet reviews and found they all sang the praises of Superfeet. Somewhere in my readings I did find someone mentioning a break-in period and I have also heard that these aches may be an indication that the legs/body is realigning itself and there will eventually be a benefit from continuing to wear them. Now for my question - Does anyone wear these insoles and if so what has been your experience with them?

Ozzie