[at-l] In Search of the Elusive Pictoglyph (yes there is such a thing)

David Addleton dfaddleton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:03:41 CDT 2007

petroglyphs are neat and your post reminded me of one I sent to an
archaeologist not too long ago:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,479215,00.html

we may dispute "the most important part" but it's still sad and worrisome .
. . and not just because of the loss of the petroglyphs, but because of what
it also means for Sindh . . .

The great river is merely a trickle and rarely navigable now in Sind, since
the Pakistanis have damned the Indus and the Indians have damned the Ravi,
Rutlege (Beus), Chenab, and Jehlum . . .

http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2002/2001WR000386.shtml

http://www.intute.ac.uk/sciences/worldguide/html/image_1064.html

http://earth.esa.int/cgi-bin/satimgsql.pl?show_url=1619&startframe=0 (what
other river in the world in satellite pictures has the same color as the
desert beyond its banks?)