[at-l] Colin Fletcher Passed away. :(

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 10:37:17 CDT 2007

--- Paul Magnanti <pmags at yahoo.com> wrote:

> We lost a person who was definitely one of the
> founding fathers of our little tribe.

### Primo, mags. I'm saving this one.

### Colin Fletcher is the guy who taught me how to
hike. I read, reread, and read again, a second edition
of The Complete Walker from the public library until I
had memorized the footnotes... (And could anyone
footnote like Colin Fletcher...? "Look!" she said,
"Camping out!") My gear choices, organization, and
overall style still reflect what I'd garnered a
million years ago from that book. I enjoyed some of
his others, but The Complete Walker was huge.