[at-l] Bear kills boy sleeping with family in large tent

Bror8588 at aol.com Bror8588 at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 11:30:58 CDT 2007

In a message dated 2007-06-19 12:26:10 Eastern Daylight Time,
athummingbird at dnet.net writes:

clicking  Leki poles together usually scares
them (bears) as it is a foreign  noise to them

When I was on the train to Georgia I sat with a nurse from Connecticut who
was heading to Georgia also, and I told her of my dream to hike the AT.   She
asked me, "What about the bears?"  I said that I would talk to them if  they
got too close.  Then she asked "Do you know their  language?"   I replied that
the sound of the human voice was strange  to them and they would realize I was
not food.    Hmmm., I  wonder?  Well, I am glad I didn't have to test my
theory.

Skylander