[at-l] Sleeping (tent/shelter) gear . . . .

Pete Randrup hardhead at 1956.usna.com
Tue Jun 19 19:21:29 CDT 2007

Hi Fellow Travelers a la '07 --

I'm fortunate having two sleeping bags:  One large down mummy bag
that handles 15-deg well.  One rectangle 45-deg bag.  Their weight
is about the same.

I use both shelters and my solo tent (Sierra Design Light Year).

Thus, in cold weather and cool weather, I'm all set.

But how about sleeping gear for really warm/hot nights?  Any ideas
that you might share on handling those really hot, humid nights.
 From what I see with others, some of the fellow trail sleepers may
have the same interest.  Not being a sewing machine operator,
please insure if that art is part of the sleeping package, a guy like
me can find someone else to lend a hand!  <smile>

DewDrop

P.S. --  I'm 6'2" and over 200-lbs.  I have never used a hammock,
nor do I think it is in the cards either.  Nevertheless, those who
wish to venture that way, please base it on what other big guys
are/have done.