[at-l] Leki problem (was RE: some real questions...)

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:01:02 CST 2007

Can't help with the gaiter question.

About the Lekis...

When you say "hand tightened the nut", do you mean the plastic expander
that's usually invisible inside the pole?  If so, you may just need to get
replacement expanders.  They "dry out" after a year or two and then stop
working well.  They're cheap and easy to replace.  Or if you're going to
Trail Days and can hold out, the Leki folks will replace them free.

They'll also clean out the insides of your poles which could also help solve
the problem.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor