[at-l] WB

RoksnRoots at aol.com RoksnRoots at aol.com
Fri Mar 2 17:29:14 CST 2007

In a message dated 3/2/2007 12:18:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sloetoe at yahoo.com writes:
*
*
*
Whiteblaze is serious; at-l is friendly; depends on
what you want. You can make friends on serious
Whiteblaze, and you can get info on sociable at-l, and
in either place, it helps to walk your talk.
*
*
*

                 They're all good, but I have yet to see a site that grabs
the Trail the way it should be. WF tried but we all know where that went. ATC is
too thin and stretched out as a volunteer group trying to do too much with
too little. I'd like to see something that establishes the central mission as an
understood theme and organizes it towards the Trail. Drawing in volunteers
and expanding the Trail's purpose in real gains. The internet is perfect for
that but has yet to rise above a social forum designed to chat about the Trail
and post trip reports. I guess you need a pro-active community for that.

*