[at-l] Slim's (Nancy's) Recent Post

Kevin Kirby kirbyinanutshell232 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 14:14:30 CST 2007

I agree, I have learned a lot of information on this list. I also get to be kept up to date on AT events, and that way I do not have to put effort into finding them on my own, and then I can decide if I want to know more. One of the posts I sent out got at least 10 responses that were all v ery useful, such as sloetoe's response when i posted my gear list up, he(she?) gace amazing feedback that really helped me.

Thank you everyone,
Kirby

Clark Wright <icw at wardanddavis.com> wrote: Hello Slim � let me chime in as well from a different perspective � I
generally do the digest thing while slammed at work, and the other comment
you have heard about posts that actually pass on good information sometimes
not generating responses bears remembering.  I do think this list has lost a
bit of its old �pass the smashmellows� welcome post to new posters, and
maybe we need to designate a rotating welcome poster from time-to-time.  As
to the merits of wading thru the occasional flames and arguments, I would
say two things:

      1)   Occasionally I learn something from even those posts; and

2)       This list can impart great information and even facilitate
wonderful things � as many here already have heard ad nauseum from me, it
was this list that literally sparked creation of, and facilitated spreading
the word for the new NC Special AT License Tag project, which now has raised
right at $100,000 for exclusive use to help buy lands, promote education,
rebuild shelters, fund permanent future efforts, etc. for the 300 or so AT
miles that run thru North Carolina, so don�t sell it short quite yet.
Speaking of my favorite project, word is that Georgia is getting serious
about a special AT license tag � Go Dawgs!  [does Kelly still lurk here?
:-)]

So don�t leave us, and have an awesome thru-hike journey, no matter what the
length!

Thru-Thinker

I. Clark Wright, Jr.

Ward and Davis, LLP