[at-l] Food, Felix and Such

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:05:29 CST 2007

Speaking of refrigeration... I have always kept my ketchup in the
fridge after opening it (one of those things my parents always did so
I followed suit) but a while back I was looking at the label and
noticed that it doesn't say anywhere on the bottle "refrigerate after
opening". So am I eating cold ketchup for naught? Does anyone else
keep it in the fridge?

On 3/5/07, Clark Wright <icw at wardanddavis.com> wrote:
> Well, I just had to throw my own two cents worth on all those posts about
> food, expiration dates and the like.  I kid you not, I am still eating
> backpacker's pantry freeze-dried foods from my 2001 At hike, and so far it
> has not killed me!  :-)  More amazing still, my best friend and I used to
> have arguments about refrigerating Mayonnaise – he managed to survive his
> entire childhood in a home that never refrigerated mayo, so a bit of age on
> some brown mustard should be a piece of cake!  Finally, my wife and kids
> always laugh at me because I will eat anything from the back of the fridge
> as long as it does not have nasty stuff growing on it – just my hiker
> instincts taking over, I reckon!
>

> Thru-Thinker
>

> I. Clark Wright, Jr.
>
> Ward and Davis, LLP