[at-l] Advice, please on tents for my scouts

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:55:38 CST 2007

Longhaul, I can't say I'm bursting with ideas, but if you can tell us where
they will be mostly used that might help.

REI seemed to have really good deals with the Kelty Yellowstone series which
I just bought. The tent just arrived in the mail today, so I have zero
experience with it. When I do use it I'll be in position to retreat to the
car if necessary, which isn't a good option with a bunch of scouts. On the
other hand REI may cut you a group deal, and they have a rep for replacing
stuff without a lot of problems. (Campmor also offers group deals). Both of
those places may have good suggestions on tents...

skeeter