[at-l] Reading . . . and hoping . . . .

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 06:33:04 CST 2007

--- Pete Randrup <hardhead at 1956.usna.com> wrote:

> <<Sorry for the delay . . . had addressing problems
> -
> <<Dewdrop
>
> So how do you use the old/or new scented fabric
> sheets?
### I'm even too cheap to use the whole sheet, so I
rip a portion of it off (maybe a quarter of it) and
tie it through a pack strap near my head -- shoulder
strap or haul loop. I also utilize the sheet as a DEET
receiver, so I don't have to have ANY of that on my
skin. I'm recalling that DEET was better against
skeeters and drysheets better agains deer flies, so
you get double coverage that way. Black flies will
just have their way with you -- walk fast, find a
hill. (Breeze.)

### (That's the theory, anyway. I also recall that
repellents are mostly *attractant**maskers* and not
really repellents at all, so putting it on a dryer
sheet located near your head shouldn't work. But it
did. Dunno.)

### Vitamin B? I've heard it works, and I always take
a multi (or more if I'm running), and I seem to get
bitten less than others around me. Could just be the
garlic, too. (I go through gobs of it.) Or another
unseen benefit of Guinness.

{"Brilliant!"]
sloetoe

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!