[at-l] The magic stuff . . . . VINEGAR

Rich kook rich4hike at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 13:41:16 CST 2007

Pete,

thanks to Shelly's post - I don't need to go finding proof of my Vinegar method as far mosquitos go...

My original Vinegar post was for allergies... - the bug repellant was only a by-product.
It was: mix a heaping spoonful of a local honey (to get a mix of local pollens) and stir it with a shot of table vinegar.  I think the idea is somewhat like a vaccination/adaption (your body builds up immunities to the pollen) I think... -> not a doctor! (history man)  AND vinegar helps if your clogged up, PLUS the BUG-Repellant side effect.  I'd eat a little something before putting that concoction on an empty morning stomach!

I found this bug repellant tactic interesting:

"Dilute these oils in a carrier, such as vinegar, witch hazel or a
skin-nourishing oil (olive"

***OLIVE OIL?
Let's think about this... rubbing olive oil over your bare skin in the summer and sweating all day?
If you didn't cook yourself, I could only imagine how appealing you'd be to a bear or hungry hillbilly after a day of marinating: why not throw on some parsley and hot sauce too?