[at-l] Need REI Help

KLandau364 at aol.com KLandau364 at aol.com
Wed May 16 00:42:37 CDT 2007

Does anyone on the list either work at the REI in Framingham, Massachusetts
or know someone that you can vouch is knowledgeable and trustworthy?

My sister, who lives in the area, and her family want to do some  backpacking
this summer...something with which they have little  experience.  I've gone
over the basics with her of what she needs, but she  needs someone to guide her
through the actual selection of gear.  She's  afraid of being taken advantage
of by someone trying to "up-sell" her or sell  her stuff she doesn't really
need.  She has some items already, but doesn't  know which, if any, of those
would work on a backpacking/camping trip.  In  either case, she'll still need a
good amount of new gear, and doesn't want  to spend a fortune outfitting her
family of 4.

Please email me off-list with any suggestions of folks at that REI store  who
might be of good help to her.

Thanks,
Ken/Walkabout '99