[at-l] 2 nice things.....

atrailhiker at adelphia.net atrailhiker at adelphia.net
Wed May 16 20:13:06 CDT 2007

First off....Sly phoned me yesterday from the CDT. Here's a few tidbits of his hike from the Grand Enchantment Trail.  He is presently thru-hiking the CDT, plans on finishing right before the Gathering.

He had a bit of, we'll say "unusual" luck, right around the Superstition Mountains on the Grand Enchantment Trail. How's this for weirdness.....he ran out of water, no water sources, what water sources published were dried up, and his hiking partner's bladder had a leak - OUCH! So they find this bar on a crossroad....they are near dehydration....the bar ONLY sells beer - no water....ugh no problemo for my buddy Sly either....he drank good....and then you all know what happened after that, right? There's an ending to this particular story that only Sly can tell...and you'll want to hear it...ask him about the Indian guy that picked them up :)

There were other unusual occurrences....

Sly says he feels great and will be in Ghost Ranch this coming weekend.

Secondly....MrsGorp phoned me this morning while taking a break on her bike trek, she was crossing the border from Colorado over into Wyoming, it was 32 degrees....

See you all somewhere....

Marsha