[at-l] Data Testing

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Wed May 23 19:13:54 CDT 2007

As you might remember, I tested some GPS data in Shenandoah National Park
last week.  It generally went well.  Shelter and trail data worked well
enough to be useful.

Some other data for stores and other non-critical locations were off by
about 500 yards.  I can get most of these data from alternative sources.  In
any case, stores and similar facilities are in relatively populated areas,
where asking directions would not be difficult.

I want to clean up the trail data I have.  Now, it is like looking at every
address on a route covering several blocks.  That is more information than I
really need.  I will probably test some cleaned up data in August.  Do any
of you know of good sections of the AT to hike in August?

Thanks for Your Help,

Mike Hanson