[at-l] Where I live...

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Mon May 28 11:28:51 CDT 2007

Yup! That was many moons ago when I was living in a place surrounded
by reforestation. Porcupines like evergreens so we had lots of them.
Not only did they chew the brake hoses, but they chewed the tires too
although never enough to make one blow. The tires all had teeth marks
around the shoulder of tread though. I ended up making a fence of
hardware cloth that I pulled up tight around the car each night so I'd
still have brakes come morning. The 12 miles to town was mostly down
hill so the mornings when they got to the hoses made for some pretty
hairy trips to the parts shop for replacements. The hand brake got a
good workout. We heard one in the cellar once and when we checked he
had stood on the cistern wall and chewed half way through a floor
joist. It was an interesting place to live.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/