[at-l] Leaving a trace

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 12:19:11 CDT 2007

Yep..still lurking. ;)

Anyway, on CDT-L someone said how you  should leave a trace by doing impromptu maintenance. I am not sure how effective that may or may not be, but figure doing some trail work with a group is a great way to "Leave a trace".

Just a reminder that this Saturday is National Trails Day. If you can,
get out there and work on a project for the day or even the weekend. If
you can't get on the CDT, PCT, AT or whatever, I'm sure there are some
local outdoor groups that can use you to swing a pulaski, pick up
trash,  restore an eroded area, etc.

You often get a fed very well. There are usually hot drinks, cold soda
and beer too! And of course you get to work in a beautiful area with
some great people.

If you have enjoyed the trails, is a great way to get give back! You will leave a trace in the best possible way. :)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com