[at-l] HELP! Fabric for patch on ULA P-1 needed.

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 00:28:59 CST 2007

Does anyone have a scrap of fabric appropriate for patching a rip in a ULA
P-1.  It's ripstop nylon, not readily available in the many fabric stores
here in Bangkok.

The primary rip is 2-3" long but there's holes and scrapes in additional
fabric that could weaken the fabric in an area that's no bigger than
3"x12".  I'm not sure the best way to patch this...  Perhaps on one side, or
would it be best to sandwich the affected area with patch material on both
sides?

I'm no seamstress, but there are plenty of people on the streets here who
could affect the repair if I could be specific about what needs to be done.

Anyway, if you have any ideas how best to patch the bag, feel free to pass
along those ideas.  If you need more information, let me know.

If you have any appropriate fabric, I can have you send it to my friend's
APO address (ie. standard US postage).

Thanks so much,

Mara
Stitches, AT99

P.S.  If you happen to have a small cordlock (less than 1' long), the flight
also mangled one of mine though I don't consider that particularly critical.
--
Visit my Travels and Trails web site:

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor