[at-l] Hammocking Thru

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 15:16:13 CST 2007

http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/HammockCampingBook.htm

Hey Art, I'm not one of the hammock people, but you might want to
check out this book, I haven't read it
but I have heard good things about it...

skeeter

Any of you folks done an AT thru or long sections using a hammock (be it
a Hennessy, Clark, or what have you)? I'm looking for tips, wisdom, and
sage advice on this matter, as I plan to hammock on my 2010 hike.

Things I'd like to know:

How did you handle the Whites? I want to entirely avoid the AMC huts,
but I'm not unwilling to pay campsite fees where that's the only option.
I'm not looking to break any laws and camp where I shouldn't.

Were there any places along the trail where you found it difficult or
impossible to hang?

How did you do, and what did you use, during cold weather?

Anything else you may want to share.

Thanks!

--
Art MacAilein