[at-l] Sit back

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Tue Nov 13 11:13:12 CST 2007

Nine years ago today found me and Groovin' Moose hiking from Blackrock
Hut to Waynesboro. I don't remember much about the day other than that I
left the shelter with GM still in his bag...only to have him pass me
within a few miles. Damned long-legged 19 year old yo-yo'ers! I also
remember that we got to the highway together and hitched in to town
together in a car that had no passenger front seat and no backseat. very
uncomfortable ride with a nice kid who was 'gonna fix it up'.  That
night we ate at a restaurant down the street from the nice motel
there...(Super 8, or something. ?)

Next morning...nine years ago tomorrow...was a Saturday. I was met by my
good friend Blue Noodle and his then-fiance Wanda and Nicole Markee.
Blue Noodle took me to the post office where I got mail and packages and
stuff. We then went to Weasies (sp?) for breakfast. I realized that I
hadn't received my winter hat, gloves and Southern VA maps. So, BN took
me back to the post office, where I got more mail (and, had to show the
same clerk as 30 minutes prior my ID)...I'm not sure where this 'more
mail' came from that it wasn't there when I got my mail the first time.
Still, no hat, maps or gloves. The hat, maps and gloves showed up at my
house in Sept. of 99....eleven months later.  (also, it wasn't a hat. It
was a balaclavavalavala)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98