[at-l] http://www.blindhiker.com/

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 12:11:31 CST 2007

I knew a guy once who was totally blind. He was shot in the head in a
hunting accident at age 18 and his eyes were completely gone. He was pretty
amazing. He was a carpenter and could cut a compound miter on the end of a
clapboard so tight you couldn't slide a piece of paper into the joint but...

That is dealing with familiar tools and materials repeatedly in an
environment that he controlled. A 2000+ mile walk in the woods is a very
different proposition.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/