[at-l] Lookin'

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 09:16:40 CST 2007

--- Bror8588 at aol.com wrote:

> If an organization is worthy to be
> considered for one donation then
> they are probably worthy for more frequent support.
### Why not write just one check? Why would frequency
matter at all?

> I usually throw out those requests that I choose not
> to honor, and give as  I
> am able to those organizations that seem to meet the
> needs of those I choose to aid.
### Once a year?

> As far as the Appalachian Trail Conservation
> group I used to be a
> member when it was a Conference, but now there does
> not seem to be a membership as  such,...
### Same here. A slow but definite move from the
mid-80s, it coincided with their becoming more
political. I did a grad school paper on the process of
trailway protection, and at that point, took "Lifetime
Membership" off of my personal wish list. Sad day.
Eventually, I let my membership lapse... 3 years ago,
I think.

### Alot of good work done out there. And by many on
this list. TO BE SURE. But Harpers Ferry has become K
Street West, leaving the individual maintainer,
member, and hiker, behind.

sloetoe
atc #4790

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!