[at-l] Buck Henry

Felix athiker at smithville.net
Sun Nov 25 07:41:21 CST 2007

I'm tryin' to plan out/figure out this hikin' in Mass-a-chew-sits thing. I'm
planning to start tomorrow (Monday) late-morning in N. Adams and head south.
Night one in Mark Noepel Lean-to. 100% chance of rain/snow. Low near 30.
Tuesday 16+ miles to Kay Wood. Chance of rain 30%...high around 40...low around
20. Wednesday 18 miles to Upper Goose Pd. (Pd.= Pond) High around 40 low around
20. Thursday...it gets a little more complicated. Either I hike 16-ish to Mt.
Wilcox and spend the night. Or, hike 19+ into Great Barrington. Since it gets
dark around 4:30, it appears I'll be hiking after dark most days. The downside
of trying to hike into GB on Thursday is less chance of getting a ride after
dark...paying for a room, etc. The upside is heat and 'comfort'.Pilot can't
pick me up until late late afternoon on Friday. So...all of this has led up to
this: anybody here travelling from Great Barrington to Boston-area on Friday
mid-morning?  I think I'll 'lean-toward' staying at Mt. Wilcox, hiking the 4-
ish miles to highway 23 Friday morning and then hitching toward Charlton (which
is where I'm going). It appears to be hwy 23 to US 20...so, not a lot of road
changes.  anyway...I'm just thinking in writing here....(How many 'l's
in 'travelling?  Or, how many are there supposed to be?)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98