[at-l] A little hiking fix for the weather-impaired

R Bridges jyopilot at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:16:41 CST 2007

Hi folks,

Since the list's traffic has slowed with the winter, some of you might enjoy a little hiking-oriented entertainment for those long nights.

My wife and I finished the AT in 03, and since then have used our vacation to sample the western trails.  This year (with some great suggestions from our mutual friend Mags, and some surprise help from Josh & Leigh, proprietors of the Hiker Hostel at Woody Gap) we spent a couple weeks in Colorado, hiking portions of the CDT along with a loop around the famous Maroon Bells west of Aspen.

If you've got high-speed internet, you can view our slideshow online at:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2887113&alb=0

You'll want to have the sound cranked, and be sure to use the right mouse menu to select Full Screen.  It's 16 minutes long, the last 5 being the best part by far.

Enjoy,

Wildfire & Wounded Knee

PS: If you want a little more, the intro page also has shows from our JMT hike (Item 3 - 19 min), and a quick winter overnight in Shenandoah (Item 2 - 3 min)