[at-l] day three

Felix athiker at smithville.net
Thu Nov 29 18:21:43 CST 2007

Quoting cvano at tmail.com:

> Nice log and recap.  Even though things didn't go as planned, sounds
> like there was some fun in there somewhere.  Thanks for posting it.

Actually, I was going to say this: I really did have a great hike. I really
enjoyed myself, as I usually do. Even in the rain that day, I had a good time.
Didn't want it to be so wet. But, it was. No big deal. I had an enjoyable time
in that shelter with that mouse. I honestly, deep down inside honestly, wanted
that mouse to talk to me. He looked at me like he could.

I also loved hiking into Chesire and Dalton. Re-living days of my thru-hike and
just experiencing things I like experiencing. I like having people look at me
like I'm crazy for doing something they wouldn't. me thinking they're crazy for
going to work 40 hours a week doing something they don't like doing.

Anyway...there were only a few minutes of the three days I didn't enjoy: The
few minutes after putting on my wet clothes Tuesday morning (and, those minutes
are sorta funny in their simplicity) and, the few minutes of excruciating pain
that made me have to decide to stop the hike. I didn't even mind the hiking (7
miles or so) after I'd decided to stop. and, stopping was definitely the right
decision.

> I'm planning to get up in the cold, perchance some snow this weekend
> with a meetup.com group.  Got about 763 lbs of new winter/alpine gear to
> test.  Only about 5 miles in and 2000' up, then camp and come out
> Sunday.  Still, its better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

What kind of stick?  (Where does this take place??)