[at-l] What am I to do?

rgcmsg rgcmsg at charter.net
Thu Oct 4 12:56:00 CDT 2007

What a bad time for the list to go down, just before the Gathering.
Darn you Murphy...

My dilemma is that although my girlfriend, Rosemary,  wants to attend her first Gathering, she does not want to camp in a farmers field.  She is not a backpacker and hardly what I would call a camper.  She is concerned about facilities at the field.  I told her we would have access to showers on campus.  She is willing to give it one nights try, and go from there.  My other problem is that there is not a campsite available near Gettysburg.  Everywhere I have called is sold out.  Likewise with Hotels that are within my budget.

I have been looking forward to this Gathering since I heard it would be at Gettysburg.  I have been reading up all summer on the battle.  I have visited it in the past, but was so hoping to be there this fall.

I am rambling, I am desperate.  I hope all will go well and she will make friends at the farm.  I don't want to turnaround and come 600 miles home after the first night.

Ron
AT 98

http://www.thehungersite.com
http://www.liverfoundation.org