[at-l] The New Trail Place

grey.owl at comcast.net grey.owl at comcast.net
Mon Oct 29 13:18:38 CDT 2007

I really find this discussion interesting.  The discussion tells me a lot about
the people that post to this list.  I really cannot understand some peoples
hatred of Dan.  I am personally ambivalent towards WInged of Foot.   Dan used to
post to this list as well as Trailplace.  It turns out that we had similar
opinions on some topics and on other strong disagreement on other topics.  Hey,
it takes all types to make the hiking community.

Dan owned Trailplace and he could run it anyway he wanted to run the site.  So
he pissed a few people off.  They could either follow his rules or get off and
join another mailing list.  I never joined Trailplace  because I didn't think
that it met my needs.  I have joined Whiteblase, however I seldom visit the
site.  Yes you have monitors and censorship and personal agenda's.  Not going to
mention names, however there are some huge egos, some are even bigger than
Dan's.  Besides I like anarchy.

I am planning on joining the new Trailplace though I doubt that I will visit the site too often.  I  don't visit a lot of other sites that I have
registered for.  Life is too short and I have too many things that I want to do
with what few years I have left.  So I am going back into lurker mode and plan
next weekend's hike

Cheers,

Bob