[at-l] at-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 49

Walter Cobbs walter.cobbs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:18:09 CDT 2007

JPL, Sloetoe
 The following link may prove useful for gaining perspective of what you
contemplate:
*Western States 100* Mile Endurance Run <http://www.ws100.com/>  .
Completion of this race in 24 h merits a trophy silver belt buckle.
Competitors are weighed at interval check points and eliminated for
dehydration or bad condition.  Crosses two ranges of the Sierras, altitude
is an issue, as is total vertical.  The Northville-Placid Trail, about 120
mi, has also been run as a single-day endurance event, altitude not much an
issue and little vertical.
Walt

On 10/30/07,