[at-l] No more privies

David Addleton dfaddleton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 19:33:02 CDT 2007

yeah . . . I read that article in hard copy . . .

I went to the dentist this morning to have crown glued to a stub of a tooth
. . .

I like my dentist . . . he has no problem giving me nitrous to avoid the
angst and sweats and high blood pressure that otherwise goes with a dentist
visit . . .

but this was a 9 am appointment and I got there early and got out at 9:18
which isn't a good thing when you want to enjoy your "sick time off" . . .

so I went to Starbucks and bought the NYT, a chocolate cinnamon slice, and a
venti latte "two raw sugars in the bottom please" . . .

a really rare treat for me . . .

and I sat down to read about shitting and carrying it with you in a plastic
bag for days . . .

well, I didn't read it all . . . the pics were good . . .

likewise, the chocolate and Latte and cigarettes were good too . . .

even if the quit smoking hike of 2001 didn't work for me, I'm glad it,
eventually, produced a wonderful book by a wonderful woman and an equally
wonderful hiker dude whose wife wants to meet him . . .