[at-l] Intro

Art MacAilein artmacailein at insightbb.com
Sat Sep 8 18:16:58 CDT 2007

Howdy!
I've joined this list in hopes of talking with folks who have hiked or
are planning to hike the AT, be they thru-hikers, section hikers, day
hikers, or what have you.
I myself have only enjoyed about a mile or so of the Appalachian Trail.
I've lived in Kentucky about eight years now, but I grew up in Georgia
and spent much of my time in the Appalachians of North Georgia. Camping
at Noontootla Creek, where the A.T. passes through (this is near Long
Creek Falls, if you're familiar with the area), I fell in love with the
idea of the trail, hiking little bits of it in either direction during
my camping trips. I've visited Amicalola Falls State Park numerous
times, always wishing I could just take off up that approach trail and
head on down the A.T.
I'm planning a thru-hike for 2010. I'm an obsessive planner, and I love
listening to and reading accounts of folks' A.T. experiences. I look
forward to being a part of this list.

--
Leis gach deagh dhùrachd,
Art MacAilein

|I know that you believe that you understood     |
|what you think I said, but I am not sure you    |
|realize that what you heard is not what I meant.|
| - Robert McCloskey                             |