[at-l] Section hike note from Herb Davis....

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Fri Sep 14 17:00:04 CDT 2007

This is a note from Herb Davis. He gets a 'rejected' error message when
he sends it. So, here it is:

I'm going to hike the Smokies AT and Mt. LeConte in October with my best
friends but I'm already planning the spring section.  I want to start at
Daleville, stay at the local Econolodge, etc. where we can hike maybe
about a mile to the trail.  We want to be able to hike to McAfee Knob,
Tinkers Cliffs, Dragon Tooth and whatever we can on the AT  starting
about Tuesday morning and finishing on Friday.  I doubt if there is a
loop so I'm planning on getting one of the local shuttles to pick us up
and bring us back to Daleville.  We're close or beyond 50 and have hiked
the AT and Smokies a lot, including Thunderhead and Vandeventer Shelter
water source.  We can carry a tent but wonder about water sources along
the way.  I'll broadcast this widely and hope any information will be
sent to me directly at drherb at unc.edu <mailto:drherb at unc.edu> and/or the
list.  This would be priceless so thanks.

Herb