[at-l] New Tent

drifter at tmail.com drifter at tmail.com
Sat Sep 29 12:10:03 CDT 2007

Hi all.  Having lost my REI Sololite in yet *another* divorce, I'm
looking for a new tent.  I've all but narrowed it down to a Rainbow
Tarptent or a Eureka Zeus 1 LE.  Tarptent is twice the price but half
the weight.  Hard to find reviews on the Zeus but those I did find had
bad things to say about condensation.  Things I like in a tent: light
weight, dry, not drafty, insect/bug proof, suitable gear storage/cooking
area that does not block the doorway, color that blends in for stealth
camping, easy and quick to erect/pack, under 3oz, under $10!  Is this
too much to ask?  Seriously, any first hand experience with either or
both of these or other affordable light weight tents appriciated.

Beyond this point
There be dragons...

Chris ~ S/V Drifter
Anacortes, WA. ~~~_/) ~~~