[at-l] Starting Day

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Thu Apr 3 07:34:21 CDT 2008

Just 4 years ago today I left Amicalola Falls State Park heading up
the approach trail for my first night on my great adventure.  Spent
that first night at Black Gap Shelter.  I remember a father and son
team made it to the shelter that night with plans on doing a thru
hike.  The father decided hiking was not for him.  Next day they
headed back down.  Didn't make it to the first white blaze.  Almost 7
months later on October 25th at 1 PM I reached the sign on Baxter
Peak to complete my hike.  I will never forget that hike and the many
friends I met along the way.
--

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman